Friday, July 18, 2008

lucky or ominous....you be the judge


When I woke up this morning the very first thing I laid eyes on was a cloud that looked like a bunny. By the time I rolled out of bed and snatched up the camera, it had moved enough to only look vaguely like a bunny, and had mostly disappeared by the time I was done with the photo. It struck me (in my groggy state) as quite beautiful and wonderful - made even more so by the fact that it was so fleeting (as bunny sightings often are). Now, though, I'm wondering if bunnies are a good or a bad sign. Methinks some further research is in order.

Editor's Note: I've done some checking, and it would seem that there is no clear consensus for rabbit symbolism. Thanks to wikipedia I know that rabbits often appear in folklore as clever tricksters. In Aztec mythology rabbits can mean fertility, parties and drunkeness (a bad combination if ever there was one). And my absolute favorite thing I learned is that in Japanese tradition rabbits live on the moon and make mochi.

Also, I found a site that taught me several ways to make a rabbit using the keyboard. Surely this will come in handy:

(\_/)
(^_^)
(___)o
U U

(Y)
( .. )
(")(")

1 comment:

Mother said...

(\_/)
(^-^)
(___)o
Run away, Run away!