Wednesday, March 11, 2009

a little note

Dear Sir,

Remember the other night when we passed on the street? I could tell before we even got close that you had something for us. You didn't even say anything, just held it out. I don't blame Ava for being too nervous to take it out of your hand. Let's be honest, it's a little bit frightening taking presents out of the hands of a complete stranger. Still, I'm glad you offered it to me so that I could take it for her. She does love it. And it loves her. They've already been through a lot together - evening strolls, dinnertime chats, rocking horse rides, and even as I type they've insisted on curling up in bed together for the night. So, thank you, Sir, for that silent and strange exchange.  You chose the right girl to pass a pig to.

Love,
C

1 comment:

Missa said...

This story reminds me of the crazy lady who handed me the REO Speedwagon's Greatest Hits CD while passing through the park! Random gifts from strangers on the street are tha best...